We can all agree that chocolate and coconut is a fantastic combination. This is a quick and easy recipe for any time of year.
Makes about 20 bars
- 3 cups finely ground cookies, such as graham crackers or chocolate wafers, or a combination
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chunks
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
1) Preheat oven to 375°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2) In a large bowl, mix together cookie crumbs, sugar, and butter until combined.
3) Evenly press mixture onto bottom and up sides of prepared baking sheet.
4) Bake, rotating halfway through for about 10 minutes or until firm. Transfer to a wire rack and cool for about 20 minutes.
5) Sprinkle cooled crust evenly with pecans and chocolate. Pour condensed milk over the top, spreading to cover completely. Sprinkle with coconut.
6) Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until coconut is toasted. Transfer to rack and cool completely. Cut and serve.
Recipe Source Martha Stewart
Image Source Evil Shenanigans